Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My First Food Delivery

I have faced one of my challenges I thought I would have while I was here in Korea- getting delivery for Korean food. Just about anywhere delivers here and I have been having a craving for bibimbap. I get tons of fliers on my door advertising delivery for certain locations and I finally decided to try one today. My fear was that I was going to sit on the phone for a good 15 minutes trying to tell the man what I wanted and where I lived and then end up getting hung up on because he didn't understand me. Luckily, that wasn't the case. The first thing I said when the man picked up the phone was, "I am very sorry but I speak little Korean". He went silent and then I went ahead and just said "Bibimbap". I told him my address and after a few minutes of making sure he knew what I wanted and where I lived, that was that! Easy! My food was delivered in no joke- 5 minutes. SUPER FAST! and SUPER CHEAP! This is all I got for 4,000 won which equals roughly around $4!
The restaurant delivers your food in real silver and plate dishes so after you are done with your food, they give you a little bag that you put all the silverware and dishes in and leave it outside of your door. In a few hours the delivery guys comes back to pick up your dishes.

Great food, fast service, super cheap, and they save you from washing dishes... Oh you amaze me Korea. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Amanda, you don't know how much I ENVY you!!! Eat some for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude Amanda. I'm jealous too. I call Jimmy Johns for a sub with 5 inches thick of bread, a sliver of meat, and sprinkled lettuce for $6 plus a delivery charge.... and it takes 30 minutes when they are litterally a 2 minute walk away.

    Ahh..yum.. bibimbap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i am going to say is that i would starve in korea haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh your favorite and in less than 5 minutes! I bet you will order that again & again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda Susan,

    Will appreciate if you can find out and post the recipe of making the Ginseng Wine. Thank you

    From Eric (Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete